Whether you are here for business or pleasure, breakfast on Tybee Island is both noteworthy and delicious. Start your day off on your best foot with one of Tybee’s traditional breakfast options, a more contemporary grab & go breakfast or one of our favorites, a weekend brunch. There are all sorts of breakfast options on Tybee Island, from simple old-fashioned pancakes & eggs to vibrant coffee mixes & drinks, or even lighter, fresh organic morning meals. Here on the island, we love our breakfast food… Check out some of our favorite Tybee Island Breakfast choices!
Best Sit-down Tybee Island Breakfast
- A staple of Savannah, Tybee Island, and Wilmington Island, the Sunrise Breakfast is a must-visit eatery that has been serving the Tybee location since 1990. Opening its doors first to the Savannah community in 1987 by owners Paul Yao & Agnes Yao, they had such success that the two additional locations were added, and they’ve been serving happy customers ever since. This fabulous breakfast establishment will not disappoint. It has an expansive menu that spans traditional favorites such as eggs anyway & fluffy waffles but also has breakfast sandwiches, mouth-watering omelets, and Sunrise Signature dishes. They offer a tasty children’s menu and vegetarian options too! On the weekends, they host all-you-can-eat breakfast and brunch choices. Still owned and operated by the Yao family Sunrise Breakfast is open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tybee Island at 511 Butler Avenue. Experience Tybee breakfast bliss!
- Another equally delicious and popular breakfast restaurant is the Breakfast Club on Tybee. Opening its doors in 1976, this family-owned and operated breakfast spot serves great classics like eggs, omelets, breakfast burritos, grits, French toast, and various other yummy morning meals. As a specialty, they make homemade sausage and have a variety of dishes inspired by the locals, such as the Blackhawk Burrito or the Luigi. Find them every day of the week from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. on the corner of Butler and 15th Street.
- Rounding out our list of amazing sit-down breakfasts on Tybee Island is Wet Willies. They offer a great basic breakfast menu. They have breakfast sandwiches made with bagels or biscuits, burritos, biscuits & gravy, ham & cheese omelets, and a daily special from the chef. Located at 16 Tybrisa Street, and doors open at 9:00 a.m.
Best Tybee Island Breakfast On The Go
- If you’re looking to grab a quick bite and a great coffee, pop over to Tybean Coffee Bar, as they make some of the best coffee drinks you can imagine. Expresso, Lattes, Mochas, Hot or iced, hot chocolate, various teas, smoothies, and tasty pastries. They have been named numerous times for “Best coffee on Tybee Island” by locals and visitors since their opening in 2013. If coffee is your typical breakfast…this is certainly the best breakfast place for you. They are located at 1213 US Hwy 80 East and are open seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- If you want to stay more on the juice side for breakfast, check out Ripe Ingredients, located at 18 Tybrisa Street. They blend and make the most fantastic juice drinks you have ever known. Perfect for a morning energy boost before strolling onto the beach to enjoy the sun & waves. One of Tybee Island’s best breakfasts on the go! Open 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
- Looking for a fresh, organic selection of house-made healthy options to start your day? Discover Mi Vida and try one of their exquisite breakfast items, such as the Coco Loco, a rich coconut yogurt topped with fresh fruit, granola, and agave syrup. They also serve coffee, fresh juice, acai bowl, and much more. A great option if you need a Tybee Island breakfast on the go. Open 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Thursday through Monday and located at 1315 Butler Ave.
No matter where you choose to have breakfast on Tybee Island, we think you’ll enjoy it. If you find a breakfast place you like better than one of our recommendations please drop us a line and let us know, we are always happy to update our Tybee Island Breakfast & Brunch recommendations to help guests enjoy everything the island offers!
Don’t forget to check out our fantastic Tybee Island Vacation rentals, stay close to restaurants, or make your own breakfast at home…you have lots of choices.