At Oceanfront Cottage Rentals, our guests, employees, and homeowners are our #1 priority.
Just like you, our lives have become consumed with information about coronavirus (COVID-19), with new information being presented by the hour. We understand you probably have questions concerning Oceanfront Cottage Rentals policies, cleaning practices, an existing reservation or even about making a new reservation. At this time, our company is focused on best practices that have already been in place. This is a stressful and anxious time for most people, and we are fully committed to helping our guests with their Tybee vacation plans.
We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and adjusting our policies and operations with our guest's health, safety and livelihood in mind.
Please allow us to answer some recent frequently asked questions.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: In accordance with our local government, we are not accepting new reservations for the month of April 2020.
Updated Reschedule and Cancellation Policy - UPDATED 3/31/2020
Existing Reservations between Today to April 30th, 2020
- Any guest that wishes to reschedule their reservation for a future date may due so and we will waive any rescheduling fees. The money you have already paid, less any paid insurance premiums, may be credited to your next Tybee vacation. You will not be required to pay any remaining balances until 30 days prior to your new arrival date.
- If you are unable to travel, feel uncomfortable traveling, or under any other circumstances, we will issue a refund. A 48-hour cancellation notice will be greatly appreciated. *Paid insurance premiums may not be refunded because they have already been paid directly to the provider.
Existing Reservation between May 1st, 2020 to May 19th, 2020
- Any guest that wishes to reschedule their reservation for a future stay may do this and we will waive any rescheduling fees.
- At this time, no refunds will be given for reservations that fall between these dates.
- We ask that all rescheduled reservations occur before August 31st, 2021.
- The credit is used as a gift certificate and will be applied to your next vacation. You will be eligible for any special promotions that are being advertised during your new vacation dates.
- We do ask that you reschedule at the same home as originally reserved.
May 19th and beyond Reservations
- At this time, we are asking that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns with reservations beyond May 19th, 2020. The directive due to COVID-19 continues to change and no one has answers on what is to come. Please be patient as we help our guests that have vacations planned in the very near future.
The Impact To Our Area. (UPDATED 3/31/2020)
- The City of Tybee issued a shelter-in-place directive until April 30th, 2020. All non-essential businesses have been directed to close. Restaurants may continue to offer take-out and delivery. This is subject to change as the situation progresses or regresses.
- All non-essential businesses on the Island have been ordered to shut down, effective 12:01 a.m. March 28 to 12:01 a.m. April 9. Read the list of what is defined as non-essential Here.
- Tybee has directed all restaurants and bars to go to curbside (takeout/delivery) service only. Dining in is not an option until further notice. The city has done an excellent job of designated parking spots so that restaurants are able to make curbside orders convenient.
- The City of Savannah recently issued a shelter-in-place directive. This means that only essential business may remain open. What is an "essential business"? SavannahNow.com Shelter-In-Place Directive.
- Tybee beaches remain closed until further notice. No one is permitted to go on the beach and all public access points have been blocked.
- Grocery stores are not closed and are restocking their shelves quickly.
Housekeeping, Sanitation and Keeping Our Guests Safe
- At OCR we have always prided ourselves on offering the cleanest vacation rentals on Tybee. We are standard guest departure cleaning standards are already extensive. Since COVID-19 was first introduced we wasted no time in implementing even more policies.
- All laundry is removed from every home and sanitized/laundered off-site.
- Our organization has always placed great importance on cleanliness and sanitization. We are using quality disinfectant cleaning solutions that adhere to the list by the American Chemistry Council.
- If you have any specific questions about our cleaning practices please contact our property care management team at email@example.com.
We acknowledge that our procedures will change. We are looking at all possibilities and will be prepared. As we continue to adjust our procedures we will keep you up to date if any changes will affect you.
Our team, guests and owners are like our family and we are committed to the safety and health of each one of you. When this is in our rearview mirror (hopefully soon) we look forward to welcoming you with hugs again.
For the time being, we must all do our part to protect the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us. We are all in this together.
Your friends at Oceanfront Cottage Rentals.