- November 4th – 5th at 7:30am
- Start line: Bay St & E Bull St (Emmet Park, 4089 E Bay St)
- Finish line: Drayton St @ E Park Ave
- Finish Festival @ Forsyth Park
- Support charities, build community, and improve your health while doing so!
Every year, the renowned Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon visits Savannah. This year it comes to us on November 4th and 5th – perfect timing – just as the weather starts to cool down. This is the time of year that people are inspired to walk through our beautiful downtown squares, to slow down and take notice of our charming historic district, and to spend time outdoors, admiring the live oaks and diverse plant life that Savannah boasts. What better way to kick off the changing of the seasons than with a marathon that takes you through the historic streets of our beloved city.
This year marks 20 years of the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon since its inception in San Diego. The headliners this year are Fitz and the Tantrums who will be performing a live concert at the finish festival in Forsyth Park. If you’re not familiar with their music, check out this song to get familiar before race day! We know you’re going to have a blast this year; here are some tips to ensure everything goes smoothly.
5 Tips for a Successful Marathon:
- Rest – We know you’re excited and the adrenaline might make it hard to fall asleep the night before, but it’s so important to get to bed early and get a full night’s sleep before race day. You want to be as energized as possible to make the best time.
- Show up early – With a marathon of this magnitude, you’ll want to get there early to ensure you find parking, pick up your number and any other items, and get a good spot near the starting line.
- Stay hydrated – Take advantage of the hydration stations throughout the course.
- Encourage each other – It might be a good idea to run with others, that way when you start to lose steam, you have a support system nearby the uplift you.
- Stretch – Don’t forget to stretch before and after you run. This is so important! It helps to prevent injuries and muscle cramps, as well as several other health benefits.
Staying on Tybee Island?
Old Town Trolley Tours is offering a shuttle from Tybee to the Start Line and a return shuttle after the race. There are two pick-up stops on Tybee that the trolleys will be arriving at:
- Jones Ave @ Park St (In front of Memorial Park)
- 14th St @ Butler Ave (Hotel Tybee).
Click here to get more details on departure times, the return schedule, and other packages and options from Old Town Trolley Tours.
We hope this helps all you runners out there! Oceanfront Cottage Rentals wishes you our very best at the 2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon in Savannah. Thank you all for supporting charities from across the country and building community in our budding city.