True Southern Charm is still alive & well!
Tybee is a small Southern beach town full of sweet, goodhearted folks. We are proud of how we were raised and the fact that we practice good manners. It is polite to say “Yes ma’am, No ma’am, please and thank you” here even though other parts of the country think we are being condescending. We think of it as being “raised right” and our Mama wouldn’t have it any other way. Everyone is treated with respect and we’ve never met a stranger. To top it off, we have that sweet Southern accent that sounds like angels playing the harp.
When you are here, you will learn that our little island isn’t about a bunch of planned activities. It is an island where you are meant to kick back, put your feet up and sip sweet tea. Come sit a spell! Give yourself a break; you deserve it! Bless your heart.
1-2nd Terrace– Porch swing and rocking chairs!
5 Driftwood– Comfy chairs looking out to the sea. Not oceanfront, but it doesn’t need to be.
Claire’s Rendezvous– Oceanfront balcony right on the sand, You can’t get any closer!
Bella Luna– Oceanfront 5 bedroom home with massive balcony overlooking the Atlantic.
Windrose Café (Locals love it; it’s cheap & good.)
Social Club (High Class folk)
Sundae Café– Some of the best food on the island. Fancy dinner at night, put on your best flip-flops and make sure to call ahead.
Who has the best sweet tea?
We love the Tybee IGA for their large “aquarium” sized sweet teas. It has just the right sweetness, and perfect for front porch sittin’. Ask Wendy what she’s cooking for lunch while there.
Best Waterin’ Holes:
Doc’s Bar– You can find a plethora of locals here and they’ve never met a stranger.
Wet Willie’s– Younger crowd that likes frozen drinks.
Quarter Bar– Open Late, good cheeseburgers, pool tables, and they play all kinds of sports on their tvs.
GastroPub– Marble bar with sports on every tv, Beer on tap.
The Nitty Gritty on renting a Vacation rental on Tybee Island!
4 Tybee Vacation rentals we consider Luxury STEALS.
OCEANFRONT COTTAGE RENTALS ™
“CAPTAIN TY-B” │$36.83 per person (per night) in the SUMMER for a 5 Night Stay! BOOK NOW
The Nitty Gritty: Let’s break this down. A 5 Night vacation stay in the summer is $2578.10 inclusive of all fees and taxes. This 5 Bedroom Luxury vacation rental sleeps 14 people! Guests have been quoted saying “the beds are the most comfortable they have every slept on.”
Top 3 amenities we LOVE about this Vacation home:
- PRIVATE POOL: This private pool is right off of the home’s game room.
- LOCATION: You are a quick walk to Tybee’s North Beach, the Tybee Lighthouse and North Beach bar and Grill. Oftentimes North Beach Bar and Grill has live entertainment in the Summer!
- PET FRIENDLY*: This home is perfect for your furry family member. The pool area is completely fenced in and you are steps away from one of Tybee Island’s dog parks.
*Additional fees apply if you bring pets.
“Tybee Sunrise” │$44.29 per person (per night) in the SUMMER for a 7 Night Stay! BOOK NOW
The Nitty Gritty: This private 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom Oceanfront condo offers impeccable views of the Atlantic Ocean. A 7 Night vacation stay in the summer is $2480.35 inclusive of all fees and taxes. The condo is located in the tranquil mid island of Tybee Island.
Top 3 amenities we LOVE about this Vacation home:
- OCEANFRONT BALCONY WITH PRIVATE HOT TUB: Imagine waking up to Ocean sunrise every morning!
- LOCATION: You are a less than a block to the historic Tybee Post Theater. Several of Tybee’s most popular restaurants are a short walk away!
- BATHROOMS: It is rare to find a 3 bedroom condo on Tybee Island with 3 full bathrooms. This condo’s 3 full bathrooms is a huge convenience.
59 Captain’s View │$63.35 per person (per night) in the SUMMER for a 7 Night Stay! BOOK NOW
The Nitty Gritty: How can you not LOVE this 6 Bedroom with private pool on Tybee’s north end of the island? This fully furnished vacation rental sleeps 12 people throughout the expansive 3 stories. North beach is perfect for seeing Tybee’s wide array of Ocean wildlife. One guest reported seeing “dozens of dolphins, 2 manatee, pelicans, sandpipers, skimmers, egrets and many other types of birds”.
Top 3 amenities we LOVE about this Vacation home:
- SPACIOUSNESS OF THE HOME: The home has so many different areas to enjoy. Spend time with family and friends at the Pool or treat yourself relaxing bubble bath.
- PRIVATE POOL: The pool size is perfect for soaking after a long day at the beach. Fire up the Grill and have your own private poolside BBQ.
- CONVENIENCES & COMFORTS THAT A VACATION RENTAL SHOULD HAVE: Each Bedroom is equipped with HD Flat screen TVs, Netflix and Blu-ray player. The convenient elevator is a full 48.5 inches deep by 35.5 inches wide.
1923 Chatham Avenue │$85.50 per person (per night) in the SUMMER for a 7 Night Stay! BOOK NOW
The Nitty Gritty: This directly Oceanfront home has a view that CAN NOT BE BEAT! A 7 Night vacation stay in the summer is $5985.78 inclusive of all fees and taxes. This 4 Bedroom Luxury vacation rental sleeps 10 people! This home is in the same neighborhood as the family home featured in the Disney movie, The Last Song.
Top 3 amenities we LOVE about this Vacation home:
- THAT VIEW! This view is unbeatable. There is a Hot Tub on the roof top and decks with panoramic views of the ocean.
- LUXURY LIVING AREA: The fully furnished kitchen, dining and living space will have you never wanting to leave!
- LOCATION: You are a short stroll to Tybee’s pier, the Back river fishing pier and Tybee’s main strand full of shops, restaurants and nightlife! South End of Tybee.
In December 2016 and January 2017* Oceanfront Cottage Rentals will be running a special Tybee Weekend Winter getaway deal! Book 2 nights and get your 3rd night FREE on all new reservations! (*Excluding Christmas and New Year’s.)
Oceanfront Cottage Rentals ™ Luxury Tybee Vacation Rentals presents the “12 Days of Reasons” to Visit Tybee
1.December 31st, 2016│Tybee Island’s New Year’s Eve Celebration.
The Fireworks from the Tybee Island Pier will be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. Imagine fireworks shooting into the Ocean air and reflected on the Atlantic ocean. #bucketlist
2. December 25th, 2016│Christmas Day
Christmas at the beach is a time for appreciation for the world around us! Gather your family, friends and book a getaway now! OceanfrontCottageRentals
3. January 1st, 2016│Polar Bear Plunge
Are you brave enough to dart into the Atlantic Ocean on New Year’s Day? We dare you!
4. December 11th, 2016│Tybee Floating Christmas Parade
That’s right, every year the Crab Shack hosts this Tybee Tradition! A Christmas parade that floats on the Atlantic inner coastal waterways. CrabShack
5. January 14th, 2016│Long Fishing Weekend
With average temps in the 60’s the nutrient rich waters of Tybee are packed with fish migrating. Our in house fishing guru says that Red Fish and Trout are usually biting this time of year! Make sure you ask Santa for some new fishing gear! Take me fishing.
6. December 10th, 2016│A Christmas Tradition at the Historic Savannah Theater
Attend the live performance of A Christmas Tradition at the Historic Savannah Theater. Create memories with this classic performance! Check show times.
7. December 9th, 2016│Ye Olde Savannah Christmas Walk
Old City Walk’s costumed guides take you on a walking tour through the Historic Savannah with tells of Christmases pasts. Book your tour now!
8. January 7th, 2017│Tybee Island Martin Luther King Parade
Every year Tybee Island hosts its annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade on his birthday. This is an event to celebrate his life and contributions to human rights. VisitTybee
9. December 16th, 2016│George Gee Swing Orchestra at the Tybee Post Theater
Get in the Holiday spirit with the George Gee Swing Orchestra at the historic Tybee Post Theater. George Gee Swing Orchestra will be traveling all the way from New York City for this one night only performance. Find out more.
10. December 17th, 2016│STOP bullying with the Savannah Reindeer run
This 8k takes place at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center on Hutchinson Island. Participants will be stepping out against bullying complete with a holiday cookie challenge! Find out more.
11. January 15th, 2016│LIVE (kinda) Dinosaurs-Jurassic Quest
For one weekend only the folks of the world renowned Jurassic Quest will be at the Savannah International Trade Center. This event will feature more than 80 life size animatronic Dinosaurs just like the ones in Jurassic Park!
12. Every Single Day│Last but not Least.
Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia are magical! It is in the air! Oceanfront Cottage Rentals ™ features over 100 Tybee Vacation rentals for you to choose from. Your home away from home is with us! Be our guest!
You have decided to spend the 2016 Thanksgiving Holiday on Tybee Island and we couldn’t be more thankful for you! Staying in a Vacation rental for the Thanksgiving Holiday is an excellent idea for so many reasons.
As a valued guest of Oceanfront Cottage Rentals ™ we wanted to remind you of a few things to help make your Vacation rental stay more enjoyable!
Check in time is at 3:00pm and Check out time is at 10:00am. Please come to our office to check into your Vacation home.
Once you have arrived to Tybee Island you will need to come to the Oceanfront Cottage Rentals office to complete your check in process. When all registration is completed we will happily help you with directions to your Vacation rental home, pass off the home keys, and any pertinent information.
Check in tips:
- We accept cash and credit cards only at check in.
- If you would like to pay your balance in advance please call our office. 800-786-5889
- A copy of the person’s ID, who is named on the contract, will be needed. We will need that person to come into the office.
- If you have issues with stairs please call our office. We will happily arrange to meet you downstairs to complete the check in process.
- If you would like someone other than yourself to pick up the keys to your vacation rental. Please contact our office to make these arrangements.
- There are no beach towels or beach equipment in the rental homes.
- The owner agrees to provide a start-up kit which includes the following items: 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 roll of paper towels, one container of dish washing detergent, a sponge, several trash bags, 2 dishwasher tablets and 1 travel size box of laundry detergent soap.
- Bath towels and sheets are provided.
- Tybee Island’s IGA Grocery store offers a grocery delivery service. Please call 912-786-4601 or visit http://tybeemarketiga.com/.
If you will be arriving after office hours please contact our office so that we are able to instruct you on the after hour check in process.
Below is a helpful map that shows you exactly where the Oceanfront Cottage office is located.
We are located right past the 4 way stop at Campbell Avenue and Highway 80 on the left side of the road. The Tybee Island Post office is directly across the street from our office. Look for a large Pirate ship on the left side of the road!
(Savannah is 20 minutes from Tybee Island)
Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Deals!
Check out our website for more options; Call about our special marathon deal!
Stay 2 nights; get your 3rd night free!
Shiver me timbers, ye scurvy seadogs! October be nearly upon us which means one thing…….pirate invasion! T’is month has tons ‘o thin’s to do; what a great hour to come aboard. Th’ annual Pirate’s Fest is from 10/9-12. Th’ whole island dresses like a band ‘o pirates ‘n joins in fer th’ festivities. Thar be a plethora ‘o events which range from th’ Buccaneer’s ball kickin’ it all off to th’ parade whar swashbucklin’ bling gunna be divvied up. Thar be a ferris wheel ‘n a pettin’ zoo fer th’ lads and lasses. Adults gunna heartily enjoy th’ live entertainment wit’ local bands appearin’. So, make yer’ way down ‘n pillage the South end. Ye be destined t’ have a great time! Weigh anchor n’ hoist th’ mizzen!
Tybee Island is the prized island jewel of Coastal Georgia, nestled just east of Savannah outside of all the hustle and bustle of city life. You will know you’ve arrived once you pass over the Lazaretto Creek Bridge and peer out over the Cockspur Lighthouse and the area marina. You will see the waves breaking along the shore and if you are lucky you can catch the dolphins following the shrimp boats in. You may also see the big cargo ships cruising along the coastline. The neck of the Savannah River meets the Atlantic Ocean on North Tybee. On your left coming in, check out the Tybee Oaks which houses some of the best little shops on the island. Then, head down to the lighthouse at the first red light, just take a left. You can climb all 178 stairs to the top for an amazing view of the North side of Tybee.
As you make your way further south along Highway 80, you will notice a colorful array of homes and shops. We are all about some southern vintage charm! Don’t forget to check out the Pier area. This is the heartbeat of the island and where everyone wants to be in the summer. There is the Tybee Island Marine Science Center if you are bringing children along. It has a good selection of the area wildlife in their touch tanks. If you are feeling adventurous, you can plan a beach ecology trip through the Marine Science Center. Tour guides will direct you along the beach and show you some sites that you might not see otherwise.
As one of Georgia’s coastal islands, we enjoy a great variety of wildlife and natural wonders…The beaches are clean, the water brisk…come down and experience the wonder of island living…we’d love for you to stay with us! We offer 1-7 bedroom condos and homes, oceanfront and ocean view…You can check them all out on our website or feel free to stop by and see us in person!
Warm summer wishes,
Oceanfront Cottage Rentals
(Photo by Caitlin Salter)
Sunday is Mother’s Day! Honor your mother in all the days of your life. One day you’ll look back and miss the time you never spent with her. You’ll miss those laughs and memories of the past long forgotten. Listen to the stories she tells and the life lessons she is passing along. Treat her with respect and kindness every day, not just the designated “Hallmark” holiday of Mother’s Day. You shouldn’t need someone to tell you to appreciate the people you love in your life. Think of that this year and reflect on changes you should make to better enjoy life and the people in it. What makes your mother special? What makes her mom? What have you done for her lately? Does she know how much you appreciate her? Make sure by planning a last minute getaway for your Mom! She deserves it! We can do a 2 night stay within 5 days of reservation check-in. Check out this adorable cottage, Inlet Breeze that is within walking distance of all the shops and pier on the South end of Tybee…
$728/2 nights last minute! What a deal, and what a great location. Take your lovely mother for a stroll down the beach and a nice little dinner at AJ’s Dockside! We are open until 9pm tonight! (800-786-5889)